Q: boyfriend move to states temporarily

My boyfriend (fiance, as we have wedding plans, but no official proposal yet) currently lives in the UK and I live in Arizona. He wants to move to the US temporarily to stay with me until I graduate university in a year. Is there a way for him to get a temporary work visa for the year and for us to get married around the time he arrives? (the goal is not to have a marriage visa or for him to receive US citizenship, simply to be together until I finish school and we move back to the UK)

This question hasn't been answered yet.